Thursday, March 3, 2011

Meeting the gang

I just got back from the first meeting with the entire group. Names and faces are all mixed together in my mind. I am sure after a couple days I will have people figured out, but right now it is all a bit overwhelming. Kate and Kelle (a good friend from Palm Springs area) are seeing me off -- but right now they have their tasks of running all over town trying to get a few last minute things that I need. Thank goodness for the two of them! Tomorrow morning, breakfast is at 7:00, we take our luggage to the van and it is weighed. Then, we ride to the beach, dip our tires and the real pedaling begins. I am excited, nervous, and ready to start this journey.

Funny note for the day: When Kate and I left Santa Barbara yesterday, I had everything packed in the car (or at least I thought I did) --- she came out a few seconds later and said you may want these - and held up my front and back wheels!

3 comments:

  1. Fiona, Enjoyed the short visit and seeing you off this morning. Be safe, my friend. -Kel

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice to have you there Kel. Thanks for coming. Meant a lot to me (and Kate). First day went great. Just going to post a blog about it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiona hope day 2 was fab! Have fun and ENJOY! Heene

    ReplyDelete